The research focus of the department I is on fundamental themes in sport psychology, for example, personality, progression over the course of life, motivation/volition. Other important considerations are of inter-disciplinary research areas, for example, successful ageing through sport, research into talent, sport and health, school sport and well as the development of sport clubs.
Current research projects:
- Development of sports careers in alpine skiing
- Which sport for whom? Conception of differentiated movement activities
- Personality development through school sports
- Sporting careers of top-level Swiss footballers
- Selection and promotion of talent in Swiss football